Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tabletop & Card Games

Not really sure how often I'm going to post about this subject because it's something I just recently got into. The reasoning behind that is actually because I had some pretty negative experiences with people, meaning other nerds, who into stuff like this in high school and I just haven't been able to move past the experience until recently. I do have my own dice, though, and I'll post pics of those for you guys to see on Twitter and stuff, and I have played both MtG and DnD. I've also played the Pokemon card game.
So what you will more than likely be seeing on this page is just announcements for the MtG and Pokemon sets, and probably an announcement on when the DnD version is going to come out and a review of that. I'll probably also give reviews about other things like Marvel Heroclix and other tabletop games as well. I'll also probably be addressing the issue of sexism in the nerd community, not specifically involving this subject, but you'll probably see a label for this page on those posts because I know it's something I will experience more than once.
For now, though, I think I'll post a pic my first Marvel Heroclix figurine, which I bought today. I'm actually really excited to play this game specifically because I imagine it'd be a lot like doing a Marvel text-based RP like what I've seen in forums. Unfortunately, I've been involved with a Marvel text-based role-play simply because I've always wanted to in-cannon RPs and no one else wanted to play in-cannon. They always wanted to make OCs.
Anyway, here are before and after pics of the Heroclix.
Before



After



In case you can't tell, I got Lady Deathstrike for my first figurine, which is really awesome because I think she'll make a really cool villain to play with. I also really like Heroclix because the figurines are really cheap whereas with DnD or figurines for other tabletop games, you could end up paying twenty dollars and up for just a tiny, little piece of painted plastic that's not even the size of the average action figure. I get that it's about collect-ability and rarity, but that's still a lot of money for something that's small enough to be a choking hazard to small children. Especially when you have bills to pay.
Because of that, I think I'll probably end up buying a few generic DnD figurines that I can use interchangeably for some of the classes whereas I'll buy the Heroclix figures more regularly because I only paid $3 for my Lady Deathstrike figurine. If I wanted to, I could go back to the store tomorrow and get two more for $5.
Also, I just now realized that I've been referring to them as figurines throughout the entire post and I'm sorry for that. I'm pretty sure it's incorrect, but my husband always calls them figurines. Not miniatures, and I just picked it up from him. I'm sorry for that.
Anyway, I know I'm probably going to have to do a lot of saving for the Heroclix books and the rest of the supplies needed to play the game, but for now, I will keep you guys posted on my experiences with DnD will probably even post some scans of my character sheets once I get them finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment